This year many homes in Ambler PA will have a new feature: a home learning space for the kids. Whether they’re homeschooling, participating in virtual classrooms or just doing their homework, kids need a dedicated space to help them do their best.
Try these tips to set up a home learning space for your kids:
- Choose a quiet area. Some kids will work well in their own bedroom, while others will do better in a separate space set aside for learning. Almost any room will do if the child can be comfortable and not too distracted. Collaborate with your child to pick the right place.
- Designate a workspace for each child. Involve them in the process of arranging their space and gathering supplies.
- Provide a desk or table that has enough room for a laptop, books, notebooks and other materials. Be sure the chair is comfortable and that there’s enough light to work.
- Clear a shelf or cupboard nearby to store additional books and materials.
- Help kids focus by minimizing distractions. Play soft instrumental music, run a fan or provide headphones if noise is a problem. Keep pets and small children out of the room.
- Minimize clutter. Have kids tidy up at the end of each day so they’re ready to learn the next morning.
At W.B. Homes, we know that every family is unique. Our homes have flex spaces you can use for everything from a home classroom to a TV room or craft space. As your family’s needs change, the rooms can change right along with them.
Our current neighborhood in Lower Gwynedd Township features 23 carriage homes with numerous options for customization. Fairland at Gwynedd is located in the Montgomery County town of Ambler. These open-concept homes feature 3-5 bedrooms, 2.5+ baths, 2-car garages and private covered porches. First or second floor owner’s suites are available. Depending on the floor plan chosen, options include flex rooms, elevators, loft spaces and finished basements.
Overlook at Gwynedd is another upcoming neighborhood of 17 carriage homes in peaceful wooded surroundings. Homes in Overlook feature gourmet kitchens, spacious flex areas and outdoor spaces.
Both communities are within the highly regarded Wissahickon School District.
Call W.B. Homes today at 215-800-3075 to become an Overlook VIP and learn more about our upcoming communities of homes in Ambler PA.