As school starts again, children will need study and learning spaces in their homes in Collegeville PA. With more children using distance learning, it’s important to create a space that helps them focus and do their best.
Here are some tips to set up a great study area:
- Get your child involved from the start. This helps get their mind into back-to-school mode. It also gives them a sense of ownership and pride in their special learning space.
- Prevent (or at least reduce!) arguments among children by creating a separate space for each one and giving them each their own full set of supplies. If they can’t be separated, consider putting up a screen or even hanging a curtain between them.
- Choose a room where you can keep an eye on them and help them stay focused. Try the dining room if it’s rarely used for meals, or use a study, spare bedroom or one corner of the game room.
- Organize their supplies in trays or bins as needed. Have everything on hand before they start school. Keep supplies in a rolling caddy if the space will need to be cleared regularly for other uses.
- Make sure the desk and chair are suitable for the child’s size. If they’re uncomfortable, your child will have a harder time sitting still and focusing on their work.
- Reduce distractions. Use a fan, white noise machine or classical music to buffer noises.
The spacious townhouses at The Courts at Brynwood have flex spaces that can be used for distance learning, home offices, craft spaces and more.
Our 4 or 5 bedroom Fairmont plan is ideal for families that need extra space. The first floor flex room, optional finished basement, optional loft or an extra bedroom can be dedicated to school work or telecommuting.
If you prefer a smaller home, our 3 bedroom Caroline plan has an optional finished basement, a loft space at the top of the stairs on the second floor or an optional third floor loft.
All plans can be customized to suit your family’s unique needs. We’re dedicated to making our homes fulfill your dreams!
Call W.B. Homes today at 215-800-3075 and make an appointment to tour The Courts of Brynwood community of homes in Collegeville PA.